Thursday 14 February 2013

Review: Space Danger! The Deadly Planet of DEATH!


Space Danger! The Deadly Planet of DEATH!
Space Danger! The Deadly Planet of DEATH! by Doug Strider

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



The Good: Funny, Upbeat, Charming.

The Bad:

The Ugly (Truth): A very BRITISH wit, with a trilling cliffhanger conclusion. Only for the lighthearted reader, don’t be expecting a dramatic space opera with meaning-of-existence consequences.

For Those That Like: Doug Adams, Terry Pratchett.

This book is something a little different. It’s not afraid to be something out of the ordinary. And I like it for that reason.

As the opening story for a Sci-Fi Series, ‘Space Danger – The Deadly Planet of DEATH!’ does what it says on the tin. It starts something – it gets you ready for more. My first impression from the title was that of ‘Ooo, Red Dwarf, in book format?’ I wasn’t far off the mark.

This book made me laugh out loud – and that’s rare. The odd smirk from a story is to be expected, but I was holding my sides at times with this. It’s a short, sharp read and it benefits from this. It’s a punch line delivered at the right time. Any longer and it’d be dragging out a joke.

All in all, a big thumbs up from me. It’s not my usual read, but it certainly brightened up my day!


D. E. M. Emrys. Author. Soldier by day, Soldier by night - Writer in Between. 
Author of Heroic Fantasies:

From Man to Man - Currently FREE from Amazon



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment